Filling the gaps in backstory of a City Park Avenue building
BY SUE STRACHAN
Staff writer, The Advocate
When Ralph's on the Park opened in 2003 at 900 City Park Ave., it was continuing the building's history as a festive place for New Orleanians to gather.
Some of its history was chronicled in an InsideOut article on July 20.
The original building was constructed in 1860 as a coffeehouse, and then it held a series of restaurants until 1917. But in doing research about the building, there was a gap in information for about 70 years, from 1917 to 1985, though Ralph's on the Park proprietor Ralph Brennan remembered a bar there in the 1970s and early '80s. FOR FULL ARTICLE CLICK HERE